AlertTraveler®: Alert Severity Levels
This article covers alert details for the available alert and intelligence providers:
Security Exchange consists of three risk levels: Low, Medium, and High.
- Low (1): these include government policy announcement, travel disruption, peaceful protests and ‘for information’ alerts.
- Medium (2): if injuries or deaths are reported, irrespective of the category, these will be rated as medium impact. These would include kidnappings, shootings, rioting or violent protests etc.
- High (3): generally reserved for incidents where casualty figures are high, such as a terrorist attack, major natural disaster/weather event or during outbreaks of conflict.
RiskLine consists of five risk levels: Low, Moderate, Medium, High and Extreme.
- Low: travelers are considered safe, with few security risks. Travel is possible with an expectation of routine disruptions and delays.
- Moderate: travelers are generally safe, with some predictable security risks. Travel is possible with an expectation of routine disruptions and delays.
- Medium: travelers are not completely safe, but typically presents predicable security risks. Travel is possible, but there is a potential for disruptions.
- High: travel can be dangerous and may present unexpected security risks. Travel is possible, but there is a potential for severe or widespread disruptions.
- Extreme: travel is extremely dangerous and presents unpredictable security risks. Things are chaotic; travel is impossible.