The Application/Record Search Results page lists all applications/records that meet the search criteria provided in the Simple, Advanced, or Locator Search option in Applicants/Records. This page also provides various methods of handling this group of applications/records.
See Videos for This Topic
After running a query, the administrator will be presented with a list of applications/records as seen in the screenshot below.
Saving a Query/Search
You can save the query/search for future use. Provide a suitable name for your search in the text box that is located at the bottom of the search results page and click the Save Search button.
The search is saved to the My Queries & Reports panel on your Admin home page. You can open any saved query by clicking the search name. Please note that any time you open a saved query from your Admin home page, you are essentially running the query again so it will display results based on the data currently in your system which may not be the same as it was when you originally saved the query.
By default, the results of the search are grouped by name of the applicants/users. You can rearrange the results by selecting one of the options from the drop-down list box Group your results by located on the right. You can choose to group the results by applicant/user name, program name, program location, application/record status or term.
There are various options for what you can do with this list of applicants/users. You will see the options available under the drop-down list in the Options box. You should select one of the options depending upon your interest in the applications/records.
The options are the following:
Send email - This form enables you to send an e-mail to an applicant/user or a group of applicants/users who have been short-listed by the search.
To view the list of recipients perform the following steps:
Send SMS (text message)
This form enables you to send SMS (text) messages to an applicant/user or a group of selected applicants/users. To do so, perform the following steps:
2. In the next section, enter the subject and body of the message in the fields provided. There is a check box where you can indicate whether or not you want to send a regular email in addition to the text message.
3. Click the send button to complete the action. You will land on a confirmation page that lists the results of the action.
If an applicant/uer responds to the text, the response will be sent to the Contact 1 email address with their SMS text number as the sender.
Text Export - This form enables you to export the search results to a text file.
Excel Export - This form enables you to export the search results to a tab-delimited Excel sheet, which you can save as a MS Excel file.
Create Report - This form enables you to create a report that contains information about the applications/users in your search results. You can choose the primary and secondary output grouping. This determines the order in which the applications/users are listed in the report. When exporting to Excel, the choices made here are not that important because it’s so easy to re-sort the information once the Excel file has been generated. You can also select the fields you'd like to include in the report. You can generate the report in MS Excel format. To do this, select the check box Export as Excel at the bottom of the page. When you select to export the report as an MS Excel file, the option Export Essay Content is enabled. This option enables you to export the responses of the question items that are like an essay in nature. As the content is may be very large, it may take a few moments to complete the export. You can also view the report on a different window by selecting the check box New Window at the bottom of the page. To save the report, provide a suitable name and click to save. The report is saved automatically to My Queries and Reports panel in your Admin home page when the output is generated.
Batch Status Change
This form enables you to change the status of selected applications/records at once.
Important Note: You can batch status change a maximum of 500 applications at a time.
To change the status, perform the following steps:
2. Use the checkboxes to indicate which applications/records should be included in the status change action.
3. Select the status from the drop-down list box Change checked to _____.
4. Click the update button, and confirm the action to change the status of all of the selected applications/records with the exception of any advising applications/records that may have been included in the query results.
Batch Review Status - This form enables you to change the status of a number of applications/records to 'Ready for Review' at the same time. You can do this for individual applications/records by checking the flag Ready for Review on the 'Reviews' tab. But if there are numerous applications/records, individually updating them can be time consuming.
To save time, you can use the Batch Review Status option by performing the following steps.
2. Click Update to update the review status. A dialog box appears asking you to confirm your action.
3. Click OK to change the review status of selected applications/records to Ready for Review.
Batch Info Edits - This form enables you to apply applicant/user parameter values to the selected applicants/users.
1. Select the applicants/users for whom you want to add a parameter value, by clicking the triangle located on the header.
2. Select the parameter that you want to add from the drop-down list box Applicant/User Param.
3. After selecting a parameter, a new section will appear. This section will look different depending on the type of parameter that has been chosen. Chose/enter the desired value from this section.
4. Click Update and confirm the action to change the parameter values for all of the selected applicants/users from the group. You will land on a confirmation page indicating that the parameter values were successfully changed.
Batch App Tags - This form enables you to add or remove application tags for the selected applications.
To add or remove application tags, perform the following steps.
2. Click Update to update the application tags. A dialog box appears asking you to confirm your action.
3. Click OK to continue with the action or Cancel to ignore the changes made.
Recs Pending - This form lists all the recommendation requests for applications/records where the recommenders have not submitted their recommendation. To view the content of the recommendations, click the magnifying glass icon. To print the recommendations,click the printer icon. To delete a recommendation, click the red "X" icon.
Batch Material Edit - This form enables you to mark materials as received for multiple students/users.
To mark the material, perform the following steps:
2. Use the checkboxes next to the names to further refine who should have the desired item marked as complete.
3. Use the dropdown to choose which material submission or signature document should be marked as complete. This list is populated by the materials created on your site and sorted by program type and application phase. Once a material has been selected, a new section appears. You can mark the material as received, add notes, and choose whether or not to notify the applicants/users via email that that the requirement is now complete. Click the Update button. You will land on a confirmation page that will indicate which applications/records had the material as complete and which ones did not. Reasons the material may not have been marked as complete for a particular application/record include the material not being required of a particular applicant/user or an applicant/user already having that item marked as complete.
Note: It is not possible to un-receive material submissions or signature documents for multiple applications/records at once. It is only possible to mark them as complete for a group.
Batch Attach File - This form enables you to attach a file to multiple applications/records at once. To do so, perform the following steps:
1. Click the colored band to open a list of the applications/records and narrow it further using the checkboxes.
2. In the “Attach file to applications section”, use the Existing File dropdown to attach a document that already exists in the document center on your site. You can add the title of the document and select the document type from the dropdown that is pre-populated with the document types you’ve created on your site. If the file you’d like to attach to the applications/records does not already exist in your document center, you can upload a new file from your computer by using the Choose File button to browse your files.
3. Use the two checkboxes below mark the file as internal-use only so that only administrators see the file and/or to notify applicants/users via email that a file has been attached to their application/record.
4. Click update to complete the action. You will land on a confirmation page that indicates a successful batch attach file action.
Batch Workflow - This tool enables you to designate multiple applications/records as the target of a workflow at once. To trigger a workflow with multiple applications/records as the targets, you must first have created a reference workflow with at least one step. Then, from the search results screen, perform the following steps:
2. Click the workflow dropdown to see a list of all of the workflows on your site.
3. Choose the desired workflow and click update.
4. Confirm the action to start the workflow. Now, step 1 of the workflow has been generated from each application/record in the list and each task has one of the applications/records as the reference.
Full Export - This tool allows you to export virtually all exportable data about a particular group of applications/records at once.
Note: The data import/export feature is a very powerful tool and access to this feature should only be given to site superusers. When using the full export option, not all data access object restrictions are honored. Only superusers with full access to user data should have access to this tool and be permitted to generate exports in this manner.
Map Results - This tool allows you to use the longitude and latitude data gathered in addresses of your applicants to plot a visual map of the results of an application/record search.
Progress Audits - You can also select to generate Progress Audit Reports for Signature documents, Material submissions, Questionnaires, Recommendations, Learning Content and Assessments.You can generate the reports at various phases of the application/record. For example, Advising, Pre decision, Post decision, and so on. To do this, perform the following steps:
You can export the report as a MS Excel sheet or a tab-delimited sheet. To do this, select the appropriate option from the drop-down list box at the bottom of the page.
Opening an Application/Record
The final thing you can do from the search results screen is, of course, to click into an application/record by clicking the program name. When doing so, you'll land on the Overview page of the application/record by default. However, you can choose a different page to which to open the application/record using the "Tab to open" dropdown menu. Any applications/records you click into after choosing a page here will open to that corresponding tab.