Agreements > Proposals
This article covers the following topics:
All proposals can be accessed via Agreements > Proposals.
Once a proposal has been reviewed and finalized by the administrator, it will need to be sent for approval.
By clicking the down carrot to the right of proposal's status, an expanded detail view is available. This view includes the the agreement name, start date, sponsoring contact, last updated date, and last updated date.
Clicking the three lines to the right of the proposal information opens the menu for that individual proposal.
Clicking "Edit/Review" will allow you to see the full details of the proposal, where you can edit information as necessary.
An administrator must review and finalize the proposal, then submit for approval.
A - Status, History Log of proposal activity
Proposals can have one of the following statuses:
- Pending: Indicates that the proposal has been submitted to the agreements office, but has not yet been submitted for approval.
- Pending Approval: Indicates that the proposal has been sent for approval.
- Approved Proposal: Indicates that the approval chain has been successfully completed for the proposal.
- Rejected: Indicates that the proposal was rejected by at least one approver.
B - Proposal Details - Overview, Details, Attachments, and Approval History: The administrator can make any necessary changes to the proposal prior to submitting the proposal for approval.
- Overview: Shows basic details about the proposal, including title, partner, dates, and sponsor and partner contact details
- Details: Shows responses to any forms deployed to the proposal based on workflows. Form titles can be clicked to collapse and/or expand the details to more easily navigate the page.
- Attachments: Shows any attachments the sponsor uploaded to the proposal
- Approval History: Shows the approval chain for the proposal. If the proposal has been submitted for approval, the status of the approval chain will be displayed.
C - Withdraw Proposal, Submit for Approval and Save:
- Withdraw Proposal: Removes the proposal from the sponsored contact’s list and changes it to Canceled status under Agreements > Proposals on the admin site.
- Submit for Approval: This is only available to administrators and will start the approval workflow.
- Save: Once changes to the proposal are made and saved, the changes will be visible to both the sponsoring contact and the Agreements admin(s).
D - Comments: Comments can be added and viewed on the proposal. When a new comment is made by the sponsor, the agreements admin will receive an email notification. When the agreements admin makes a comment on the proposal, the sponsoring contact will receive an email.
Submitting a Proposal for Approval
Once a proposal has been reviewed and is deemed ready to be submitted for approval, the approval process can be kickstarted two ways:
1. Click the "Submit for approval" button in the proposal's menu (from the main Proposal page)
2. Click the "Submit for Approval" button within the 'edit/review' view of the proposal
Formalizing Proposals Into Agreements
Once a proposal has been approved, an administrator can turn it into an agreement by "formalizing" the proposal. Simply click "Formalize Agreement" from the hamburger menu to the right of the agreement details on the main "Proposal" page or while in the "Edit/Review" mode of the proposal.
When finalizing an agreement, the admin has the option to end the following details:
- Agreement end date (required)
- Signature Date
- Signatures and titles for the home and partner institution
- Upload a signed copy of the agreement
After entering the desired information (again, the end date is required), the proposal can be formalized by clicking "OK". If a hard copy of the signed agreement is available, it can be attached via drag and drop or browsing the computer.
The name of the partner will automatically appear in the "Formalize Agreement" window. If more than one partner is listed on an agreement, one signature and title line for each partner will be available.
Once a proposal is finalized, it will be found under Agreements > Agreements.