This tool enables you to organize programs into groups for easier management. You can manage groupings for normal and featured programs.
Any administrator with the Program Admin permissions can perform the following tasks:
- Create new program groups
- Edit program groups
- Organize programs into groups
Creating a New Program Group
To create a new program group, perform the following tasks:
- Go to Programs > Manage Groups. A list of Program Groups is displayed.
- Click on the 'New Group' tab at the top of the page. Enter the Group Name, select whether it is a Featured Program Group or not, and assign a program template for new programs created in this type if desired.
- Flagging a group as Featured makes it available on the Featured Programs tab when the applicants conduct a program search. The purpose of marking groups as featured is to promote them more effectively in the program search.
- See our full article on Program Templates for more information about program templates.
- Click the 'Add' button.
Editing or Deleting a Program Group
To edit groups, follow these steps:
To edit groups, follow these steps:
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the group name. Enter the new name in the text field that is displayed, and click the 'Update' button to save the change. The new name is displayed in the Program Group list.
- The group's Featured status or program template can be changed here as well.
- To delete a program group from the list, click the red 'X' to the right of the group name. If no 'X’ is visible, it is because there are still programs assigned to that group. To delete this group, you must first delete all the programs assigned to the group, or move the programs to another group. If you see a lock icon instead of the red 'X' - this means that this group is locked and cannot be deleted until all programs are removed.
- You can change the positioning of the program groups by changing the numbers in the '#’ column to the left of the group name, then clicking "Reorder” at the bottom.
Assigning Programs to a Group
To group programs, follow these steps:
- Go to Programs > List All.
- Programs are sorted by whether they are Outgoing, Incoming, Scholarships, or Risk Management programs. You can see which programs are already in a group by clicking on the name of the group. If you have not assigned a program to a group, the program can be found in the 'Uncategorized’ group at the top of the list.
- Select the programs you want to put in a group by selecting the check box to the left of the name of the program. Then, select the group name from the 'Move marked programs to' drop-down list box in the upper right corner. The programs will be removed from their current group and moved to the selected group. Each program can only be assigned to one group.
- You may find it useful to assign programs to groups based on application features they have in common. Questionnaires, Materials and Learning Content can be assigned to all programs with a group (as opposed to assigning them to individual programs) which may save time. However, if you take this approach you should be cautious when moving a program to a different group, to make sure the program does not then lose its necessary application features.
You can also create new programs from this page by clicking the ' New Program' link, just above the group listing. This redirects you to the Program Admin > Create New page.
To flag any program group as featured, click on the name of the group to open the program listing. Select the 'Featured' check box on the group name header.
Featured programs also appear in the program listing with a small star next to the name.