The Admin Console is Terra Dotta's redesigned administrative experience. Throughout the Admin Console, the tenet of “less is more” is manifested in diverse, multi-page tools that have been simplified into a single-page format with reduced steps and know-how needed to complete routine tasks. Features have been deliberately placed to best support these common administrative actions.
The Admin Console affords admin users the opportunity to redefine their day-to-day approach to accomplishing tasks and managing responsibilities in Terra Dotta. Get started by taking advantage of advanced search filters in Application Finder or building workflows with notifications to program contact roles in Application Triggers.
Perhaps the most expansive possibility for transforming your Terra Dotta experience is with the use of the sophisticated toolset located in the "Configuration" section of the Admin Console. With a move away from traditional process maps, the Admin Console presents the ability to separate the action of creating process elements (Content Management) from the deployment of these process elements (Deployment Rules) with rules-based application cycles (App Cycle Management). In turn, the admin user is given more granular control of configuring what process elements are deployed to program applications and when. Looking for a way to deploy a process element across multiple program types? Then continue exploring the the possibilities that await in the Admin Console.
This article discusses the following topics related to the Admin Console:
Before you get started using the Admin Console, note the following:
- The use of the Admin Console is not required. As an admin, you are able to access "Admin Home" and the Terra Dotta functionality that you’ve been accustomed to using. However, as Terra Dotta builds forward with new features, there may be functionality, such as Reviewers Management, that requires the use of specific features of the Admin Console.
- Though the Modern Applicant Experience does not need to be enabled to access the Admin Console, there are Console features that do require the use of the Modern Applicant Experience. These features are conditional question items, Deployment Rules, Course Approvals, and the upgraded Progress Audit. Admins are encouraged to review these important considerations with their functional office before enabling the Modern Applicant Experience.
- When a “beta” label is applied in Terra Dotta, clients are encouraged to take note. Though use of a “beta” feature is available, adoption of the feature may present a significant site-wide change or shift in how an admin user has been accustomed to performing actions within Terra Dotta in the past. A “beta” feature continues to take shape, and client feedback is highly encouraged. As a best practice, clients should thoroughly review “beta” feature documentation, explore functionality in a sandbox environment, and prioritize office-wide training to ensure a smooth transition with these “beta” features.
Any Terra Dotta Study Abroad admin user is able to access the Admin Console by making it their default landing page or using the "Site Home" menu.
Make the Admin Console Your Default Landing Page
1) Log into your Terra Dotta site. You will land on the "Admin Home" page by default.
2) Click on "Admin Settings".
3) From the "Administrative Settings" panel, locate the option of "My landing page on login". Select the option of "Admin Console" from the drop-down menu.
4) Click "Update" to preserve your changes.
Each time you log into your Terra Dotta site going forward, you will land on the Admin Console by default.
Select the Admin Console from "Site Home"
1) Log into your Terra Dotta site.
2) Click the "Site Home" icon located in the top left corner of the page. Select the "Admin Console" from the menu that appears.
To access "Site Home" from within the Admin Console, click on the hamburger menu icon
The Admin Console's specific feature permissions are noted in the "Access and Permissions" section of each respective Knowledgebase (KB) article.
The Admin Console offers a sophisticated array of tool menus and dashboards from which an admin can quickly access information or perform an essential task.
Four dashboard widgets are organized on the Admin Console (from left to right) as follows to display commonly used queries:
- Applications Created in the Last Week
- Itineraries Starting in the Next Week
- Itineraries Ending in the Next Week
- Applications Completed in the Last Week
Clicking into a dashboard takes you directly into the Application Finder to view the results of that query. These items were selected based on client feedback and will continue to be enhanced.
Important Note: Applications in withdrawn status are excluded from the numbers displayed.
By default, these dashboard filters are refreshed once a day to display the numbers from the last 7 days. An admin does have the option to manually refresh a filter by clicking on the arrow "refresh" icon to get a real-time update.
An admin must have the following permissions to view these dashboards:
- Applicant Admin: Applicant Search (Simple)
- Applicant Admin: Applicant Search (Advanced)
If these permissions have not been granted to the admin, then they will not see these dashboards on their Admin Console.
Three main menus organize the Admin Console's tools and features:
- Application Finder
- Review Audit(BETA)
- Program Finder
- Create a New Program
- Program Templates
- Application Triggers
- Deployment Rules
- Content Management
- App Cycle Management
- Reviewer Roles
Important Note: The "beta" label applied to the ConfigurationBETA menu is applicable to the four features listed as part of this menu. As noted above, adoption of a "beta" feature may present a significant site-wide change or shift in how an admin user has been accustomed to performing actions within Terra Dotta in the past. Clients are encouraged to thoroughly review “beta” feature documentation, explore functionality in a sandbox environment, and prioritize office-wide training to ensure a smooth transition with these “beta” features.
Admin Console Features
The Applications Menu
- A modern way to apply and save filters to locate applications, batch-apply actions, and more. The Saved Queries Translation feature
- Our classic multi-tabbed interface has been replaced with an information header and navigation panel from which an admin can manage all facets of an application.
- The future of reporting in Terra Dotta.
- Harnessing the power of Analytics to deliver support for competitive review processes.
The Programs Menu
- Facilitate a dynamic program search from one interface.
- Direct access to the Program Wizard.
- Build your basic program structure - and save it for use for new future programs.
The ConfigurationsBETA Menu
- The use of easy-to-build rules allow an admin to create notifications that are automatically sent when the following application-related actions occur. Action can also be taken to mark an application as ready for review or build out a review workflow.
- One work space from which an admin manages the deployment of process elements to program applications.
- One work space from which an admin can create content for all process elements: Questionnaires, Learning Content, Signature Documents, Materials, Assessments, and Recommendation Forms. Look here for Reviewer Forms for use with Reviewers Management.
- One work space from which an admin can oversee the configuration of app cycles and activate the use of rules-based deployment for these app cycles.
- Define the specific personas involved in a modern review workflow as part of the Reviewers Management system.