The Terra Dotta ISSS 20.2 Release was installed on client production sites on Friday, July 24, 2020. This release brings exciting new features and enhancements to the Terra Dotta ISSS: New Student Experience Beta and Terra Dotta: Scholar Admin.
With this exciting release, the New Student Experience allows you to build and preview a sleek, intuitive user interface for your F-1 and J-1 students. Moreover, we help you do your job quicker, better, and more efficiently!
You can now:
- Create your own custom student requests to meet the unique requirements of your institution.
- Customize requests that require updating SEVIS data, allowing you to gather context and provide students with instructions in a seamless process.
- Use new admin tools that centralize information collected from students, the SIS, and SEVIS, enabling greater ease in reviewing, verifying, and reporting information to SEVIS through batch or post-to-RTI.
Managing your site has never been easier with new enhancements allowing for better organization, workflow, and process creation. Additionally, enhanced tools will enable admins to manage their J-1 student process through a streamlined cohort creation for added efficiency when processing groups of scholars coming to campus.
Thank you for your continued support - and for being a part of this community. Please note that the input we receive from you is critical to us and truly drives future development! So please send us your feedback about the Terra Dotta ISSS 20.2 Release!
New Student Experience
Explore a brand new way to collect information from students that will provide great efficiencies for you and a streamlined, more intuitive experience for your students.
- SEVIS-Mapped Requests for F Students and J Students
- Add new types of content to Requests:
- File Uploads
- Signature Documents
- Approver Forms
- An enhanced Approver interface displays select student submission content, and custom questionnaires (Read more about Request Configurations)
- Enhancements to Assessments now let you monitor attempts and manage scoring.
- Greater control to let you designate components and question items as required or even hidden from students.
Admins will enjoy an efficient, streamlined process for submitting a wide variety of actions to SEVIS via Batch or RTI. This feature is currently disabled in client production sites while we develop a conversion tool.
- For F Students: Cancel, Complete, Defer, Shorten, Terminate
- For J Students: Amend, Cancel, Shorten, Terminate
Student Portal Wizard Update
You can now add custom questions to any stage of the Student Portal Wizard.
Student Profile Updates
Along with F Students, ISSS Admins can now create J-1 Students and J-1 Cohorts from within the New Student Experience Interface. The buttons to create students are currently disabled as we develop a conversion tool.
- Student Profiles display History Log, Document Log, and Non-SEVIS mapped parameters
- ISSS Admins can use Templates to create both F and J students
Use RTI Connect with the New Student Experience
Use RTI to post approved requests to RTI. Actions result in an approved request in the student record. This feature is currently disabled in client production sites while we develop a conversion tool.
SIS Integration with New Student Experience
Integrate the New Student Experience with your Student Information System. The New Student Experience now has Student Level parameters and Non-SEVIS mapped parameters. This feature is currently disabled in client production sites while we develop a conversion tool.
Bars, lines, and pies, oh my! Welcome to the future of reporting in Terra Dotta. The AnalyticsBETA experience gives you a whole new way of analyzing your Terra Dotta data and allows you to create and share visually appealing charts. Available now in client production sites for Scholar Admin and New Student Experience.
ISSS Admins can now create Scholar Email templates to use with Task Assignments.
Modern Experience Login
The Modern Experience Login, also known as the Modern Login, is a sophisticated login and user registration portal that creates a compelling entrance into all that awaits for your scholars, students, and staff in Terra Dotta.
20.2 Release Webinar
Join us for our 20.2 Release Webinar on Thursday, July 30th at 2 PM EDT to learn about the enhancements and features in the 20.2 Release. Terra Dotta will discuss what's new and demonstrate the new features in the New Student Experience. Registration is open now.
New Student Experience Timeline
- Spring 2020: Introduction of New Student Experience Beta configuration
- July 2020: Extension of New Student Extension Beta configuration including SEVIS-mapped requests
- This Summer: Clients should configure New Student Experience in parallel with the Classic ISSS configuration to preview and prepare to transition
- Fall and Beyond: Transition to New Student Experience
Terra Dotta will provide a tool to assist with data migration
Welcome to the Resource Center
The Terra Dotta Resource Center is a brand new, convenient way to access Terra Dotta’s support services. It puts the Knowledgebase, forums, announcements, and the ticket system right at your fingertips without the need to navigate away from your Terra Dotta portal. The Resource Center is accessible to logged-in users in the Facilitators group by clicking on the blue ‘question mark’ badge in the lower-left corner of your Terra Dotta screen.
Looking for best practices among other ISSS professionals within the Terra Dotta client community? Have a great use case scenario to share to support an idea for a feature improvement? Then the Support Portal’s Community section is where you’ll want to go.
Don’t forget to bookmark the Terra Dotta ISSS Table of Contents, updated regularly to include new and improved Knowledgebase articles for our ISSS clients.