Updating responses to forms is more efficient with the Import Forms feature. The form import template is organic and will evolve along with your growth of Agreements. Changes made to forms and questions will be reflected in the forms import template. You can quickly see the results of the import, including any errors, as soon as the import process is complete.
Agreements > Agreements
Navigating to Agreements > Agreements displays a continually updated list of every agreement in the system. Clicking "Import Forms" in the upper right of the Agreements page allows admins to import responses to forms deployed to agreements in bulk instead of one by one.
After clicking the "Import Forms" button, Admins will be able to:
- download the import template
- drag the import file to the box or choose the import file via a "Browse" button
Once the file is ready to be imported, clicking the "Upload" button will start the upload process. If the incorrect file was selected, it can be deleted by clicking the trashcan icon.
Upon the file uploading, the "status" will show as "completed" with the progress bar showing full and green. The import results can be downloaded as an Excel file by clicking the download icon (a cloud with a downward pointing arrow). Clicking "Finish" will close the modal, causing the Agreements page to reload with the newly imported agreement(s) at the top of the list.
If there is an error, a message will show at the bottom of the import screen prompting you to make the necessary changes and import the file again. When errors occur, remove the successful entries and only import the fixed lines to prevent duplicate agreements being created.
Import File Requirements
The following fields in the agreements import file are mandatory for a successful file import:
- Agreement ID
- All required questions for all forms deployed to the agreement that is being updated.
- If forms include date type questions, the format in the import file should reflect your site's settings (for example, US clients will use MM/DD/YYYY while Australian Pacific clients may use DD/MM/YYYY). The cell format should be text or custom with the date type formatted to reflect your site's settings.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Importing form responses must be done with extreme care. Please note the following when importing forms:
- Importing form responses to an agreement without the form being previously deployed will add that form to the agreement, including all responses in the import document.
- The import will fail if not all required questions deployed to the agreement have a response.
- If a response is not included in the import file but there is a response in the agreement within the system, that response will be removed.
Here are other resources that may interest you: