This KB reviews what are Site Pages for the New Student Experience and how to set-up and maintain the Site Pages.
Site Pages in the New Student Experience is the hub for website content design, where the you can design the look and feel of their homepage content and links that are displayed along with the homepage. The Document Center and Image Library are also located in the Site Pages.
Navigate to the Site Pages by going to SEVIS Admin > New Student Experience and then clicking on the hamburger menu icon in the upper left corner of the page. From here, select Configuration > Site Pages. Once there, you will land on a dashboard with four tabs:
Home Content where you can configure and design the content that appears on their homepage. This is what students and scholars will see when they are directed to your Terra Dotta ISSS site before clicking to log in.
A WYSIWYG Editor is displayed. If the home page already has some content, you can edit this using the WYSIWYG Editor. Your content can include text, images, or HTML. Enter the content for display on the Public home page. To save the content, click 'Update’ at the bottom of the page. The new content is immediately displayed on the home page.
To modify the links and content for the links in the Customizable navigation menu, click the 'Link Content’ tab on the navigation bar. A list of all the links in the Customizable menu for the Public Web site is displayed. You can create new links, edit existing links and their content, move the links up and down in the list, make sub-links, as well as delete the links.
To Create a New Link
- Click on the Create New Link button located at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the Link Title.
- You can either enter the content for this link in the WYSIWYG Editor or you can redirect this link to another URL. To do this, specify the URL in the 'External link URL’ field, then decide if you want that page to appear in a 'New Window,' the 'Same Window' or 'In-line' by clicking on the appropriate circle. Note: When you do this, include the 'http://' text in the URL you enter if this external link is a Web page outside of your own Web site. The radio button options for the External link URL field will only apply if there is an External link URL in that field that is being used instead of the WYSIWYG Editor's content for that page.
- You can also create a 'Friendly URL Label’ for this link. Enter the text to be used for the friendly URL.
- If you already have a menu structure in place for the Customizable menu, the new link that you create can be made a new top-level link in the menu, or you can opt to make it a sub link of an existing top-level menu link. To do this, select the appropriate option in the 'Add Link as’ drop-down list box.
- Enter the page content for the link in the Page Content WYSIWYG Editor (if you are not linking to an external URL).
- Click 'Add.’ The new link appears on the Link Content list. Note: If you just enter a title and click to save, the new link will not be created. You must enter something in the WYSIWYG editor in order to create the link.
The Document Center is a central repository of documents for the Web site. You can manually create, upload, edit, and publish many different kinds of documents using this tool. When you edit or change a document in the Document Center, all links that reference that document will automatically point to the updated file.
For more information on the Document Center, uploading documents, and maintaining documents, check out the KB: New Student Experience: Configuration > Site Pages > Document Center.
The Image Library tool enables you to manage images that you can link to using any WYSIWYG Editor. For more information on the Image Library, check out the KB: New Student Experience: Configuration > Site Pages > Image Library.