The Terra Dotta Study Abroad 21.0 Release was installed on client production sites on January 15 and 16, 2021. In this release, the Study Abroad product continues to evolve to support the critical business processes of our community and enhance the capabilities of recently introduced features. This is demonstrated by new functionality, such as the Navigation Menu and the Advising Program for use with Deployment Rules, as well as updates to features of the Admin Console.
Thank you for the important work you do and for your continued engagement across our various communication channels. Let's keep building forward together: send us your feedback on the Terra Dotta Study Abroad 21.0 Release!
Exploring the Terra Dotta Study Abroad Release Webinar
Get a full overview of this release with members of Terra Dotta Study Abroad's product team during the Exploring the Terra Dotta Study Abroad Release Webinar. This event, scheduled for Wednesday, February 3 at 1:00 PM Eastern, is open for registration. Register now!
Introducing advising, a new program type for use with Deployment Rules. This comprehensive advising option supports the process of assisting students who wish to study abroad but need more information before selecting a program that best meets their goals. Applicants and admins alike can track programs of interest and use this list as the basis for selecting the program which best meets the applicant's needs.
Amp up your office's process for evaluating an applicant's understanding of important content with a fully updated assessments tool in Content Management. Assign prerequisite learning content to an assessment, create copies of pre-existing assessments, or mark an assessment as not applicable.
The Navigation Menu for Terra Dotta Study Abroad offers a structured home base from which administrators and applicants can easily access site features. Conduct searches and access menu links from the independent menu pane that appears in the Admin Console.
- Ability to enable Deployment Rules for an application cycle that contains applications.
- Required opening and closing dates.
- Ability to mark a questionnaire as not applicable.
- Ability to see an applicant's other applications from the "More Application Actions" menu.
- Indicator for "internal-use only" requirements.
- Option to un-submit an application.
- Batch apply comments.
- Option to create a new application.
- Support for exact name search.
- Recommendations counted as application requirements in the progress wheel.
- Support for detailed itinerary information with Detailed Itineraries for Study Abroad for offices using Terra Dotta Study Abroad, Travel Registry, and AlertTraveler®. Coming soon in the Terra Dotta Travel Risk 21.0 Release!
- Condition based on applicant parameter value available with each type of Application Trigger.
- Option to change program application from process map-based app cycle to rules-based app cycle.
- Search for process elements in "Step 2" Process Element Deployment" is case insensitive.
- "More Program Actions" menu containing program notes and "Create Apply Button" option.
A number of known issues have been resolved. Read more.
Add this link to your list of favorites! The table of contents indexes all Study Abroad Knowledgebase (KB) articles. New articles are added and linked on a regular basis. Existing articles are routinely updated and republished in line with development.
Looking for best practices among other Study Abroad professionals within the Terra Dotta client community? Have a great use case scenario to share to support an idea for a feature improvement? Then the Support Portal’s Community section is where you’ll want to go. Check out the two Study Abroad forums (Discussion and Product Feedback) to share tips, ideas, and questions.
In addition, tune into the following learning channels for training-based video instruction:
Be sure to click “Follow” in these forums to receive notifications of activity.