The Terra Dotta Study Abroad 21.2 Release was installed on client production sites on June 26, 2021. With a continued focus on enhancing the Study Abroad product and delivering on client-requested improvements, we are excited to share this series of new and updated functionality.
Your engagement continues to drive our product development, and we thank you for your constructive feedback across our various communication channels. Let's keep building forward together: send us your feedback on the Terra Dotta Study Abroad 21.2 Release!
Exploring the Terra Dotta Study Abroad Release Webinar
Get a full overview of this release with members of Terra Dotta Study Abroad's product team during the Exploring the Terra Dotta Study Abroad Release Webinar. This webinar was held on July 1, 2021 and can be accessed from the WEBINAR: Exploring the Terra Dotta Study Abroad 21.X Release article.
New & Updated Functionality
Click on each feature's hyperlinked title below to navigate to the related Knowledgebase article for more details and images.
Search for, view, and perform batch actions on applications with the Admin Console's Application Finder. This release features changes to improve the application search experience and usability of saved filters.
- Option to select a default status with all aliases.
- Option to search for app cycles by year.
- Option to search for country and region based on program location.
- Select All option for "Country" filter.
- Withdrawn applications now excluded by default.
- Withdrawn aliases and their sub-statuses are displayed.
- Multi-selection option for programs.
- Direct access to the Filter Organizer with action option to apply and navigate to search results.
- Applicant Parameters: Option to use "Not In" operator.
Execute a report on the results of an application search to view the status of requirements assigned to those applications by phase with the Application Finder's Progress Audit. This release provides additional audit tools for administrators.
- Option to export audit results.
- Option to print audit results.
- Option to "Select All" or "Deselect All" for each requirement menu.
- Option to include recommendations in the audit results.
- Improvements to the display output for the status of requirements.
The Admin Console offers a simplified way to manage application-based actions and their related notifications with Application Triggers. This release prioritizes an essential component of many office processes: maintaining a record of communication to applicants.
- Applicant notification emails are logged in an application's email logs.
- Staff/Email Address notification actions are logged in an application's activity logs.
- The "Application Assigned To" action is logged in an application's activity logs.
- Action of "Add Application Tag" available for use with all Application Trigger types.
With Deployment Rules, offices have more flexibility in determining how and when requirements are deployed to program applications in an app cycle. Maintaining a large set of rules and viewing how these rules interact with process elements, programs, and applications across a site is at the heart of a series of updates in this release related to rules management.
- Option to search for rules using exact quoted search.
- Option to "Expand All" and "Collapse All" rules.
- Option to sort "Phase" column.
- Option to set an "Ending App Cycle" for a rule.
- Multi-select option for "Program" condition.
- In addition to the time stamp, a rule now displays the user name of the person who last modified the rule.
- "Auto Generate" link automatically hidden after ten rules have been manually created on a site.
- Content Management: After creating a new requirement, the option appears to navigate directly to Deployment Rules.
- Content Management: Option to view the rules that deploy a specific requirement and edit those rules in a new tab.
- Application Admin Manager: Option to view the rules that deploy requirements to a specific application and edit those rules in a new tab.
- Program Wizard: Option to view and edit the rules that apply to a program from the Application Lifecycle tab.
The Reviewers Management system links together a cohort of features in Terra Dotta Study Abroad to give admins the flexibility needed for permissions, automated notifications, and workflows. As offices have shared their experiences with their own review processes, we've taken note and provide updates in this release based on common business needs.
- Reviewer Role "Status" column for option to deactivate a role.
- Reviewer Role Decision Action of "Rejected Review Ends Workflow".
- Notification email template for "Review Terminated Due to Rejection".
- "View as Reviewer" option for admin in Application Admin Manager.
- Option to delete in-progress review workflows from an application.
- Review workflow prevented from running more than once at a time on an application.
- All review activity logged in "Activity & Notes" tab of application in Application Admin Manager.
- Display of payment information in a dedicated "Payments" tab for offices using a TD Connect payment gateway integration.
- Option available for use in email notification editors.
A number of known issues have been resolved. Read more.
Study Abroad Table of Contents
Add this link to your list of favorites! The table of contents indexes all Study Abroad Knowledgebase (KB) articles. New articles are added and linked on a regular basis. Existing articles are routinely updated and republished in line with development.
Looking for best practices among other Study Abroad professionals within the Terra Dotta client community? Have a great use case scenario to share to support an idea for a feature improvement? Then the Support Portal’s Community section is where you’ll want to go. Check out the two Study Abroad forums (Discussion and Product Feedback) to share tips, ideas, and questions.
In addition, tune into the following learning channels and for training-based video instruction:
Be sure to click “Follow” in these forums to receive notifications of activity.
Reminder: Send us your feedback on the Terra Dotta Study Abroad 21.2 Release!