Follow the Study Abroad Learning Channel and stay up to date on more training opportunities on features, such as Deployment Rules.
This article is a dedicated hub from which you can access the following learning resources related to Deployment Rules:
- The Admin Console: Deployment Rules
- This article covers the mechanics behind the rules functionality and should be read first.
- Transitioning to Deployment Rules
- This article offers suggestions on how to approach moving from process maps to rules and includes an attached template that can be used as a model for auditing your site's process elements and creating rules.
- Managing Deployment Rules
- This article reviews common "I Need to Do X" scenarios that arise when using rules.
- Deployment Rules: Frequently Asked Questions
- This document contains responses to common questions related to Deployment Rules.
- Best Practices & Considerations for Creating a Rule
- This 12-minute video provides instruction on some of the best practices and considerations to keep in mind when creating a rule. Topics covered include the configuration logic used with condition types, examples of how you might apply certain condition types, and answer to some frequently asked questions.
- Creating a Rule
- This 17-minute video provides instruction on how to create a rule in Deployment Rules with a focus on the mechanics of each field and drop-down menu.
- Navigating Your Rules Listing
- This 10-minute video provides instruction on how to use the various search, action, and filter options available in the Deployment Rules listing.
- App Cycle Management: Configuring an App Cycle
- This 17-minute video provides instruction on how to configure a rules-based app cycle.
- Managing Updates with Deployment Rules
- This 23-minute recording is divided into three sections to cover adding a process element to a rule (00:00-08:50), removing a process element from a rule (08:50-12:10), and updating conditions in a rule (12:10-22:35).
- The Rules Roadmap: An Admin's Guide to Getting Started with Deployment Rules
- This 45-minute session provides an overview of how your office can begin the transition to using Deployment Rules. Agenda items include a review of what Deployment Rules are and how they function, the benefits of using Deployment Rules, considerations before using rules-based app cycles, and suggested steps for transitioning to Deployment Rules. Presented by members of Terra Dotta's Customer Success and Product Management teams.