Travel Registry: Custom Location Lists
You now have a new tool to give you the flexibility to drive location-based workflows that match your University’s unique risk-tolerance profile. Manage university safety policies or deploy location-specific information with custom location lists that you can use to trigger workflows.
Custom Location Lists can be used to manage risk and share helpful information, including:
- Managing university-specific lists of locations that require additional review, release forms, or approvals
- Deploying regional travel information, such as an overview of Schengen visa processes
- Sharing helpful funding sources available for a region of the world
Use your lists with workflows to deploy forms, useful content, signature forms, approvals, and more!
To create a Custom Location List, visit Travel Admin > Content Management > Custom Location Lists and click on the + icon in the lower right corner. (For more information on the Content Management page, see Travel Registry: Content Management.)
This list then becomes available to select as an "If" statement in most workflow triggers. Multiple Custom Location Lists can be selected in a single "If" condition. (For more information on creating a workflow, see Travel Registry: Workflow Configuration.)
- Current and future trips need to have their trigger occur in order for any new requirements to be applied. For example, if a new country is added to a Custom Location List and that list is used in a workflow that triggers "On Trip Save", then a trip must be saved again in order for trips to that country to see the new requirements.
- If a country is removed from a Custom Location List, this will not remove any requirements that have already been applied to a trip.
Custom Locations List over 2500 regions, countries, and cities to select. These locations are integrated with AlertTraveler® to provide key safety and security information from around the world.
To delete a Custom Location List, click on the trash can icon on the right side of the page. If the list is not currently in use in any workflows, a confirmation window will show, allowing you to delete the list.
If the list is currently in use in at least one workflow, then a notification window will explain that the list is being used and offer the option to view which workflows are currently using the list.
Click "Check Workflows" to open a window that displays all workflows that are currently using the Custom Location List. The workflows are organized in tabs by the trigger. You can open each workflow, and edit the workflow to remove the Custom Location List from use.
Once no workflows are using the list, click the X in the upper right corner of the window to return to the Custom Location List page. The Custom Location List can now be deleted by clicking the trashcan icon.
Here are other resources that may interest you:
- Travel Registry: Content Management
- Travel Registry: Workflow Configuration
- AlertTraveler®: Table of Contents