Terra Dotta Engage provides a suite of options to promote your global engagement opportunities and pave the way for contacts to become applicants. Customize your messaging to communicate effectively with specific audiences, connect recipients with valuable educational programming, and continually improve your outreach strategies using a data-driven approach.
For an index of Engage articles, return to the Engage Table of Contents. This article discusses the following topics related to Guides:
- Guide Settings Overview
- Program Guide
- Program Explorer
Guide Settings Overview
There are two sections of Guide Settings: Program Guide and Program Explorer. Click on the button icon for each to switch between these settings.
Settings for the program guide customize the appearance and usage of the guides. There are three sections of settings available: Guide Splash Screen, Guide Welcome Screen, and Guide Completion Screen. Click on the title of each section to expand or collapse the settings interface.
The settings available in the Guide Splash Screen section format the header that appears on the program explorer at the top of the screen to promote and link to the guides. This includes selecting the header image, the splash text, and buttons. A live preview of how the Guide Splash Screen will appear in the lower half of this section.
The four sections of the Guide Splash Screen that can be customized are the image, splash text overlay, the splash text, and the button that opens the Guide Welcome Screen.
- The image appears as a banner on this page can be set and changed by clicking on the image on the right side of this settings section.
- The banner formatting is formatted through the following settings:
- Splash Text Position - Select whether the banner is aligned to the left, center, or right of the image area
- Splash Options > Show BG - Turn a background color for this overlay on or off
- Splash Options > Background - The color of the overlay
- Splash Options > Background Transparency - This slider sets how transparent the background is, from 0% to 100%
- The text that appears in the banner is customized through the following settings:
- Splash Text - The text that appears above the button
- Splash Options > Text Color - The color of the splash text
- The button that links back to the Guide Welcome Screen is formatted through the following settings:
- Splash Button Text - The text that appears on the button
- Splash Options > Button Text - The color of the text on the button
- Splash Options > Button Color - The color of the button itself
The second section of settings offers full customization of the welcome screen that appears after a user opens the program guide. This includes selecting the image that appears on half of the page, the heading and welcome text that can be used for instructions, and settings for activating and formatting guides. A live preview of how the Guide Welcome Screen will appear in the lower half of this section.
The "Button Settings" section makes guides available to users.
- To activate a guide: Click "Add Another" and a line will appear. Enter the text that should show on the button in the "Button Text" field, and then select which guide this button should link to from the "Guide" dropdown. Once this page is saved using the "Save Settings" button, any guides that have been selected will show as having an "in use" status on Guide > Guide Management (i.e. the circle icon will show a checkmark).
- To deactivate a guide: Click the red trashcan icon on the right side of the line you wish to remove. This does not delete the guide itself; it only makes the guide unavailable to select from the Guide Welcome Screen. Once this page is saved using the "Save Settings" button, any guides that no longer are selected from one of the "Guide" dropdowns will not show as having an "in use" status on Guide > Guide Management (i.e. the circle icon will not show a checkmark).
The last page of the program guide lets the user know that they have completed all steps of the guide, and presents them with a button to return to the program explorer page, where there will now be a row titled "Explorer Guide Results" at the top. The "Guide Completion Screen" settings customize the text and button that appear on this page. A live preview of how the Guide Completion Screen will appear in the lower half of this section.
The three sections of the Guide Completion Screen that can be customized are the image, the completion text that can be used for instructions or a simple congratulations, and the button.
- The image appears in the middle of this page can be set and changed by clicking on the image on the right side of this settings section.
- The message that is below the image is customized through the following settings:
- Completion Text - The text that appears in the line below the image
- Completion Options > Text Color - The color of the completion message
- The button that links back to the Program Explorer page is formatted through the following settings:
- Completion Button Text - The text that appears on the button
- Completion Options > Button Text - The color of the text on the button
- Completion Options > Button Color - The color of the button itself
The options available on the "Program Explorer" section of settings manage the appearance and functionality of other aspects of the program explorer page, including instructions, recommended programs, and which horizonal rows of programs sections appear. After making changes on this page, click the "Save Settings" button to apply any changes.
The three sections of the Program Explorer settings are detailed below.
The text entered in this field will appear on the program explorer below the search field (as marked with a green box below).
This setting defines which programs will appear in the "Recommended Programs" row in a random order.
- To add a program to the recommended programs list: Start typing the name of the program in the "Program Name" field, and then check the box next to the appropriate program. The program will immediately appear in the list below the search field.
- To remove a program from the recommended programs list: Click the X icon to the right of the name of the program.
Organize and mange which recommendation sections appear on the program explorer page.
To reorder the sections, click and drag the four arrow icon on the left side of the section. The eye icon on the right side of each line can be used to hide or show the section.
- Recommended Programs - This row shows programs that have been selected in the "Recommended Programs" on the left side of this screen.
- User Suggestions - This row only appears for users who are logged into the page, and offers recommendations based on which programs have been popular with users who have the same applicant parameters. For example, users can see recommendations of programs that have been popular with other students with their same major.
- Most Popular - This row automatically shows the programs that are currently most popular at your institution. This is calculated from the criteria "Active programs from programs types outgoing or outgoing with side trip with applications created in the last 180 days".
- Upcoming Deadline - This row shows programs with upcoming deadlines. If only a few programs have the nearest deadline, then this row will also include programs from multiple upcoming deadlines, grouped by deadline. Programs with deadlines that are the most soon will appear grouped first, with the programs in random order.