Terra Dotta Engage provides a suite of options to promote your global engagement opportunities and pave the way for contacts to become applicants. Customize your messaging to communicate effectively with specific audiences, connect recipients with valuable educational programming, and continually improve your outreach strategies using a data-driven approach.
For an index of Engage articles, return to the Engage Table of Contents. This article discusses the following topics related to Analytics for Engage:
- Measuring Engagement - Metrics and Analytics
- Analytics for Engage
- Analytics Templates
Analyzing your outreach is available in two easy ways: Metrics and Analytics.
Metrics are available within the Engage interface, on the Engage Console page and for individual campaigns from Engage > Campaign Metrics by clicking on the metrics icon that is located second to the right side from the campaign. (See Engage: Campaign Metrics for more on metrics).
Analytics offers rich tools for creating contact lists and analyzing your outreach. For more information on the general functionality of Analytics, see Analytics for Terra Dotta Study Abroad and ISSS Student: Actions > Analytics. Read on for more information on the possibilities with Analytics for Engage.
Analytics is a robust reporting tool that allows you to create visually appealing charts representing applicant and application data. Share how many people are opening messages from your campaigns this month. See how many people attended events linked to a specific program in the last year. This is just the beginning of the possibilities with Analytics!
To get started, visit Analytics, select the product option "Engage", and then select a data source:
- SIS data source - The purpose of this data source is to aid in creating contact lists from the data available in your student information system (SIS) file.
- Campaigns, contacts, and events data sources - The purpose of these data sources is to analyze the effectiveness of the outreach, to help in planning future efforts, and to support organizing your information.
First, create a query and linked report that includes the information you need for your contact lists. In order to use data from a report for a contact list, the report must include the following fields:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
You can use the filters in step 3 to target your audience, such as "All History Majors" or "All J-1 Students".
Once your report is set, visit Engage > Contact Lists to create your list. (See Engage: Contact Lists for more on creating and using contact lists.)
Note: Clients using a standard fetch integration model have access to all data provided by their institution, even for contacts who have never logged into your Terra Dotta system before. Sites using a deferred fetch model have access to the information available in their custom data file for users who have logged into the site at least once. (See SIS/HR Data (Study Abroad) for more on standard fetch and deferred fetch models.)
This data source, arranged by campaign, makes it possible to:
- Look back on what outreach has been going out with a list of message campaigns that are currently active (started, but have not yet ended)
- Track what is upcoming with a list of message campaigns starting in the next 30 days
- Organize your campaigns with a list of tags and which message campaigns have them assigned.
Create reports with rich charts to share out visualizations of information such as which campaigns have been opened the most often.
This data source, arranged by contact list, makes it possible to:
- Share a list of all your active contact lists and which contacts are included
- Review which contact lists each contact is included on
- See which contacts have had messages bounce, have reported your messages as spam, or have been excluded from receiving emails
This data source, arranged by event, makes it possible to:
- See a list of all event attendees from the last 365 days
- Look back on your events from the last year and see how many people attended
- Share a list of event locations, whether to review which locations have been most effective for outreach or to share a list of event locations today for a risk review
- Explore which study abroad programs have had promotional events in the last year to explore how effective your in-person outreach has been for encouraging applications
Create reports with rich charts to share out visualizations of information such as which events have been the most attended or which locations have been the most often used.
Get started using analytics with templates! A selection of templates are now available to supercharge using Analytics with all Terra Dotta products.
Templates are available to users who have the "Query (Create/Edit)" permission enabled.
The templates shown are determined by the Terra Dotta services utilized on the accessing site, so sites that include the Engage product will see templates for Engage together with other products on the site. Access templates by visiting the Query List screen, and then clicking on "Templates" from the bottom of the folder list on the left side.
Click the "Use Template" button to open the template in the Query Builder, where it can be edited to fit institutional needs and then saved to the user's Query List.
Here are other resources that may interest you: